If you own a yard, possums are probably a significant part of your life. But if they’re too much of a nuisance, there are ways to remove them without needing to hire professionals. Read on for eight tips that will help you get rid of the pests!
7 Easy Tips For Getting Rid Of Possums
Possums are a common problem in yards, gardens, and parks. These furry creatures can eat a lot of valuable plants and animals, and they can be a nuisance when they move into your home or business.
Here are 7 easy tips for getting rid of possums from your yard:
1. Use a noise maker. A loud noise can scare possums away. Try playing recordings of birds or other animals through a speaker outside, near the possum’s habitat.
2. Fence off the area. If possums are living in an enclosed space, fence them in by installing wire mesh or wooden boards around the perimeter.
3. Trap the possum. Place food items in locations where possums like to eat (near trees, under eaves, etc.), and then trap the animal using a snap trap set to “catch” mode. Make sure to remove the trap once the possum is caught so that it doesn’t get stuck inside.
4. Scare the Possum with Water Guns and Fireworks. Start by spraying water guns at close range to create a sound and then move farther away while firing the gun again to create more noise.
5. Make sure you have a good trapping kit ready – this will include food, water, and shelter for the possum so that it doesn’t get scared and return to the wild.
6. Set up several “traps” around the area where you think the possum is living — these traps should be set in areas where the possum has been seen recently (e.g., near a tree), but also in areas where there have been recent sightings of other wildlife (e.g., under a shed).
7. Offer food and water in the traps for a few days, then check them regularly to see if the possum has taken residence. If it hasn’t shown up after three days, release the animal back into nature.
When To Call Pest Control
If you are experiencing problems with possums in your yard, there are a few things you can do to remove them without hiring a professional. First, try to identify the cause of the problem. If you think the possums are coming from outside, look for openings in your fence or shrubbery that they might be using to enter. If you have cats or dogs, make sure they are kept inside at all times so they don’t provide food or shelter for the possums. If you think the possums are coming from inside your home, inspect any attic space or crawl spaces for food and shelter. If there is no obvious source of entry, consider calling a pest control company.
Toxic Possum Repellent
If you are experiencing problems with possums in your yard, there are a few things that you can do to remove them. The first thing that you can do is try using toxic possum repellent. This repellent is made from the leaves, flowers, and fruits of plants that possums hate. You can apply it to your yard in various ways, such as spraying it on the ground or using a dusting powder.
Another option is to set up barriers. You can build a fence or erect a wire enclosure around your property. This will keep the possums from entering your yard, and it will also prevent them from raiding your garden. You can also buy devices that scare possums away by making noise or emitting smells.
Whatever method you choose, be sure to use caution when removing the possums from your yard. Do not touch them or get close to them if you are afraid of getting sick. Contact a professional if the problem persists.
Possums can be a big problem when they invade your yard and start to eat your plants or damage your property.
Possums are pesky pests that can wreak havoc on your yard. Fortunately, there are a few best possum removal tips you can use to get rid of possums from your property without any harm or damage done. Follow these steps and you will be well on your way to restoring order to your yard!